First post, First LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody, I just purchased my first Land Cruiser and decided to get on the internets to find out what the hell I've gotten myself into.

About the truck:
'95 series 80, 215k mi
Stock suspension, 285/75R16s on original rims
Came with a Bowfin Cruisers rack, which is sweet!
Leaks a lot of fluid, power steering, oil, etc.
Has a couple dents on the DS, missing the front flare, looks like it had a high speed meeting with a deer or something, as well as damage to the rear quarter.
Suspension is totally whooped out, needs all new shocks, bushings, tie rod ends etc. drives like a giant marshmallow!
Appears to have been originally sold out of Scottsdale, AZ, then spent some time shuttling the soccer team in Boise, ID before making it's way to Eastern Oregon.
Still the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

About me:
I've been doing dumb stuff in vehicles since the late '90s. I got my driver license about the time this LC rolled off the lot. I've driven everything from chevy caviliers, to school buses, fire engines, hondas, mini trucks, and full size trucks in the wrong places. I was a HMMWV driver instructor in the USMC in the early 2000s. This LC is replacing an aging Honda Element that I've been using as my trailhead camper for the last 8 years or so. I work for the USFS, and regularly drive full size pickups on trails that most people wouldn't ride a 4wheeler on. I've broken down and been stuck in a lot of places I had no business being. And, importantly, I have fixed a lot of things that I broke. I estimate that I put over 40,000 miles on my combined personal and work vehicles each year.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot of new stuff about these vehicles, hopefully getting some good tips on what to look out for and where to find the right parts for what appears to be a rare and desirable vehicle.

Hi, Welcome and thanks for your service.

Welcome! :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom