First Oil Change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruiser Jimmy

Threads
Okay. So I bought the 200 with 163k on the odometer. My scheduled oil change was at 167k. Since it was the holiday season and I was running around the country I went a little over on the milage.

Did the oil change today and saw the below result of some accumulated water on the underside of the cap.

Replaced with Mobil1 0W-20.
FA904AC2-0B89-4BF5-B44B-1A0F400C3D85.jpeg

I’ll monitor the situation after two fillups and see if it’s a consistent issue.

Probably just some condensation under the cap. It's what comes out the bottom of the engine that's important and I assume it had no water in it! Did you clean the cap well?

That's my assessment also. Yes, I did clean the cap.

No Landcruiser is build for short trips.

I had the same exact buildup under the cap after a road trip to Colorado a couple of weeks ago. Drained the oil and didn’t see anything abnormal in the pan. I’m sure it’s just condensation that froze and thawed from the trip.

Live in Florida mostly do short trips every day 7 miles to the gym 7 miles home have never seen this on my oil cap
but it could be because of the warmer temperatures here I also do 5000 mile oil and filter changes if that makes any difference

My Tundra and Tacoma did this every time. My 4runner and 200 do not. Not sure why as driving patterns have been similar with each rig.

My Tundra and Tacoma did this every time. My 4runner and 200 do not. Not sure why as driving patterns have been similar with each rig.

Built in Japan vs. US? Better quality parts and precision in Japan? Just shooting ideas. In the last 25 years all built in Japan Toyotas that I have bought were more reliable. At one point we had two Camrys (year difference). The last year's Japan version had zero issues. USA had few problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom