First gen middle console insert (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
We are currently in the works for a replacement middle console insert. Looking at putting a cubby, phone holder, USB charger, Cup holder? Looking for a few ideas. Had great success with the switch insert. Shoot me a few ideas that we can model up. Would snap in at this location.

Screenshot_20220116-220306_Chrome.jpg

I personally don't think there's a good replacement or rework that can be done without redesigning the whole console to have an overhead enclosure or a lockable compartment.

I use it as a space to put extra misc things from pockets.

I personally don't think there's a good replacement or rework that can be done without redesigning the whole console to have an overhead enclosure or a lockable compartment.

I use it as a space to put extra misc things from pockets.
Really? It's a pretty large/deep space in my Sequoia. I have removed the factory amp and feel like there's some good options. Definitely want to try a horizontal/slanted wireless charging option and some organizational trays with a couple slots for switches as well

Really? It's a pretty large/deep space in my Sequoia. I have removed the factory amp and feel like there's some good options. Definitely want to try a horizontal/slanted wireless charging option and some organizational trays with a couple slots for switches as well

Well, a deeper dish can definitely be useful, but when I use the dish on my 05, it's often used water bottle, or gloves, or a hat. It needs to be way deeper, like 3 to 4 inches to be useful for me personally.

Also remember that 4wd pre 05 have manual shifters.

A wireless tray can be useful, but you need to be calculative on its position for laying it down. Then by having a charger there, you loose a lot of space to stow things. Wireless charging is also slower than cable still, so I'd pass on that in a vehicle.

I guess the best question to ask is what you use the space for now, and what you'd like to use the space for. Also considering that there are switches behind it... I'm just not convinced changing its shape will make it better.

Just some thoughts. Good luck in any case!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom