First 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time 80 owner. I own a 40 and have owned a 55 and 100. The 80 I picked up is a 1995. While inspecting the engine bay i noticed the pipe that appears to be coming from the firewall is not connected to anything. What is this and what should it be connected to? Thank you

80 engine bay_LI.jpg

First time 80 owner. I own a 40 and have owned a 55 and 100. The 80 I picked up is a 1995. While inspecting the engine bay i noticed the pipe that appears to be coming from the firewall is not connected to anything. What is this and what should it be connected to? Thank you

View attachment 2320521

That is the hard line from/for the PHH. The hose running above it in the pic is an aftermarket bypass that routes from the head around the intake to the heater valve above your EGR in the pic.

1590596125909.png

Top blue circle is the heater control valve, by its brown color, I'd say you need to thinking about replacing that before it fails.
Bottom blue circle, you have a vacuum line off its barb.
Red Circle, the vacuum line runs through the manifold, to the VSV under the manifold, at the the blue arrow, via a steel pipe. These often need to be cleaned out with a small drill or a piece of mechanics wire.

Good morning,
Bringing this back up, i finally got around to replacing my heater control valve. While replacing I noticed the hard line circled below is not attached to anything. Is it supposed to be? Thank you for your help!

water valve_LI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom