Firestone Destination XT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

little_joe

SILVER Star
Threads
I either missed any threads, or there aren't any, about the Firestone Destination XT.

255/75r17 is the size I prefer to go with, and would love a load range C in this size. I ran the Bridgestone Dueler AT3's in this size on my GX470, and while they were a decent tire, their tendency to hydroplane strikes them from my list.

The Destination XT in 255/75r17 comes in a load range C and weighs just 40 lbs. This seems near ideal. However, real-world reviews are minimal to date, I suppose because these tires are somewhat new to the scene. I stopped by a Firestone shop today and had a look at them, I came away impressed - seems they might be a good match for me.

I'm looking for a tire that is good for DD, is stable and predictable in dry and rain (we get minimal snow), will do all right on easy to moderate trails here in NC, and can be safely aired down for the beaches. Not looking at any MT's, rock crawling or mud, and all-seasons are just not enough.

Anyone running these and have any wisdom to share?

(I could stay with 265/70r17 and have 1000 choices, but prefer the slightly taller and narrower profile of the 255. There are many P-rated 255's, but I worry about airing down and sidewalls on the trails.)

Last edited:
Welp, I found these tires on sale for an amazing price, so I bought them - 4 255/75r17. They arrive next week and I'll have them mounted asap, and try to update this thread with my thoughts on the XT's.

O well, no-go. Just a heads-up, I bought these from Priority Tire's eBay store, they were in-stock the day I purchased, I got a tracking number the next day, and today I got a call that the tires failed to pass Priority's pre-shipping inspection so they would not ship. And they're not in stock now.

During the conversation, I was offered a refund, or to use the payment on a different tire (bait and switch much?). I was adamant about keeping my order open until Priority restocked on these, then ship them. But they completely refused, telling me that is not an option yet unable to explain why after being asked multiple times. They "invited" me to accept the refund, follow their store, and re-purchase them when in stock.

Very coincidentally, I bought these 4 tires at $653 for all 4. They seem to retail in this size, including from Priority, for $830-$860.

Huh.

Also curious about the Firestone Destination X/Ts. My local Firestone store is offering these at an attractive price and I’m cross shopping them against Wrangler DuraTrac and General ATx to replace my BFG K02s. Nothing wrong with the BFGs, I just see some less expensive options out there from the big name brands that still make a 31x10.5x15. Also, Firestone offers a 90-day money back guarantee on these. Sounds like they’re trying to woo new customers to their brand. These are for my stock-ish 62.

Anyone have any real-world experience with the Firestone X/Ts yet?

I just ordered a set of these for my LX450. My grandpa worked for Firestone through WW2 and basically his entire life. So I thought I'd give them a shot. I'll let you know what I think. I've had BF Goodrich A/Ts in the past and they're great (currently have a set on my FJ60). I've had Goodyear Wranglers on my LX450 for a the past few years. They're good, but as they age and wear they make a lot more road noise than the BFG. These Firestones look to compare better to the BFGs than the Wrangler tires from what I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom