Fender flares, CHEAP!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H2o

Threads
Here was my solution for fender flares...

Since i try to keep the spending on my trucks to a minimum (yes, this hobby can get quite expensive!!!), I looked to do it on the cheap. In order to get through inspection, i needed fender flares since the tires stuck out a few inches past the body. In DC, i guess it is not allowed.

So i went to home depot and hunted around... this is what I came up with. Vinyl base. $4/4feet lengths. comes in black and gray and a few other colors. I chose the black.

I cut it up, measured up the holes, and had to add a small piece of aluminum sheet to keep it rigid at the flat part of the fender. Bolted it between the body and the plastic insert.

Total cost of project.... $8, per side, plus tax. :)

What do you think???
over toy.jpg
fender toy.jpg

best use I've seen for vinyl base

I like the 4 squirrels and a nut sticker... If I am not mistaken thats what the sticker means...

It is actually inspired by the Intel Inside! sticker, but I can see how it looks like a nut and with the squirrel reference...

It is actually inspired by the Intel Inside! sticker, but I can see how it looks like a nut and with the squirrel reference...

I saw one the other day that read "B*tch Inside". Funny.

Thats awesome... Bitch in side... I plan on doing this "cheap mod" once I cut my fenders up and slap the new meats on. Good job on sharing this cheap mod. Thanks

-Kyle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom