1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fender Flare

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by 80 Cruiser Rod, Feb 23, 2007.

1. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    I have a flare (driver side rear door) that is not connected to it's clip and the flare is loose. Can anyone tell me how to repair this?

[​IMG]

2. HEFE

HEFE

?

Possibly a new clip. Will have to pull the flare off and make sure the attachment spot on the flare is not screwed up. Remove flare replace clip. Just my opinion.

3. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    I figured someone probably took their flares off should know how to R&R. I'm sure it's easy but then I've been known to have problems with easy.

4. goschbrandon

goschbrandon

mine came off in a similar way- turns out the parts of the flare that attach to the clips were nearly 100% gone(must have been ripped off by the PO at some point?) and the flare was being held on by the bolts at the mudflap and by the gasket at the front of the flare. Don't know if this is what's wrong with yours, but JB Weld to brace the flare's mounting points has held up for me so far.

5. jamisobe

jamisobe

6. tomatopants

tomatopants

I thought that was a picture of mine.... The exact same thing happened to mine. I went to Napa Auto Parts yesterday to see if they sold the clips, and the guy showed me the book of similar ones but kept insisting I would have to go to Toyota to get one.

7. 80 Cruiser Rod

80 Cruiser Rod

Media:
    Albums:
    Wow, they look real nice. I'll definitly have to put some thought into them.

Thanx