February ROTM 2/27/16 Most Likely Box Canyon (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Hank Tank , I am certainly not going to discourage you on going. I would love to see Papa Smurf out there. It would definitely increase our cool factor by several multiples. I think steve is right, and that you will be okay. The only places I can think where there might be an issue would be on a few of the steeper hills where my Atrac was definitely in action. My wife followed in the 80 and I had her locked on those hills. I just don't know how it would be without lockers or atrac. I also believe from my past life with my 55 that you should be fine. Hopefully some others will chime in with their thoughts.
Thanks man. I definitely want to go but I don't want to be silly either. Do you think there are some alternate paths that won't be so risky? Papa Smurf has a big booty so I'm usually concerned with departure angles. If I have some spotter help, maybe I'll be ok.

Tentatively in for my first club run being a newer member. We're talking about the Box Canyon like in the Florence Junction area correct?

The dag and I are tentatively in!

Wow, this run sounds like great run to get out with the group. Anyone know where I can get a carb rebuild kit for an 1980, 40? I need to rebuild the carb to keep it running. I tried cleaning my idle circuit and no go... My carb needs to be rebuilt. Accelerator pump boot is torn completely at the top anyway... So it's probably time!!!

Anyway, if I can get a kit and get the carb done before then, I am in!!! Sounds like a great run to get my feet wet with the group! I cannot make next months run... We shall see!

Wow, this run sounds like great run to get out with the group. Anyone know where I can get a carb rebuild kit for an 1980, 40? I need to rebuild the carb to keep it running. I tried cleaning my idle circuit and no go... My carb needs to be rebuilt. Accelerator pump boot is torn completely at the top anyway... So it's probably time!!!

Anyway, if I can get a kit and get the carb done before then, I am in!!! Sounds like a great run to get my feet wet with the group! I cannot make next months run... We shall see!

Cruiser Outfitters

Probably won't be able to get a Trollhole carb before the run but mine works great!

New F & 2F carbs

@Hank Tank, did this run a couple years ago with a different group. one guy showed up in a showroom quality 97 chevy with fiberglass running boards. we got him through unscratched......it takes a little longer, pile up rocks where neede to keep from draggin da booty, but a fun run.

A few pics of the views and trail sections we had some fun trying out.
20160131_163257.jpg
20160131_163937.jpg
20160131_162128.jpg
20160131_165454.jpg

Bonus...my MIL survived my driving. :steer:

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to be at the meeting tonight. Just checking to see if this Box Canyon run is go for next Saturday.

Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to be at the meeting tonight. Just checking to see if this Box Canyon run is go for next Saturday.

Yes it is, I will be posting more details this weekend

For anyone worried about the waterfalls there is a bypass. It just takes you the long way around. The old regular route back out to 79 has a closed gate. There is a bypass but I always seem to miss it. You can also go out Mineral Mountain Rd instead to the north. Pretty much everything on this trail is scenic dirt road.

I will be posting the full details of start time location etc tonight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom