February Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello from the past, and glad to see that some of the familiar faces are still here! Tom, Nick, who else? Who was it who had the crazy made-by-hand-in-Austria mercedes 4x4? Was that Zimm? Did he end up wheeling it? I think the last time I was at an SCLC meeting, he'd just gotten it and we were all in awe at this piece of teutonic engineering.

Let's see, my own cruiser life.... After attempting to get through the snow with snow tires on the oldschool rwd LS, I gave up on that idea and got a '96 FZJ about 2 years ago. (has it been that long??) Now that is definitely more like it. Shortly after I got it, we had this ridiculous snowstorm. Pointed it up a steep hill, set the diff locks, pedal down and straight up the hill. sweet.

My '73 is now mostly done, runs, needs the back wiring harness, brake and clutch lines, and driveshafts. Nick, do you still have the driveshafts you'd mentioned in your posting? Are they pre or post 75? I thought your cruiser was post 75 but if you also have a 3 speed trans/tc, maybe I'm wrong?

Oh, and when's the Feb meeting? Going to start trying to get back to those... it's long past time!

It has been a long time. We also got a couple of new faces. As far as your welcome to it. We've been having the meetings at Beltramos but not sure about this months. Give me a call. Tom

Tom has all the spare parts now, the shafts were from a 3 speed, Tom has the transmission and transfer case too.

He's our parts manager ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom