1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory security?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by tommy854runner, Feb 27, 2007.

1. tommy854runner

tommy854runner

New question guys. Intermitently when going to get into my cruiser I unlock as normal and then the alarm starts going off. Sometimes it will cut off after I put the key in the ignition and sometimes I have to get in and out several times to make it stop while hitting the unlock button. I have the security system with the toyota red light on the dash right by the hazard switch and a small completley black key fob with two buttons that are somewhat rectangular shaped and it does have the toyota symbol at the bottom of the transmitter. Any ideas? I know that toyota put different systems in at different ports just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem.

2. Beowulf

Beowulf

You have the RS3000 port installed alarm system. To disable the alarm after you set it off, open the door, insert the key, turn the ignition on, off, on, off.

It is possible that you have a "stuck" button (check the red LED) If you press and hold either button for a few seconds it will set off the panic alarm.

A full set of manuals for this alarm is available on my web site.

-B-