Factory remote starter installation, programming problems :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ended up buying the factory remote start. They are now labelled compatible up to 2018 which would make me think they would work with my 2020. I completed the installation, all the panels, cables, etc. This version only has a single connector and needs techstream which I got, the hacked version of it or whatever it's called. Things were going well and I started the programming. The ECU registration worked and said successful. But when I got back to the system setup menu I do not get the remote starter ECU on the main menu to complete the process. Not sure what else to do, I closed everything up and left it connected. Everything seems to be working correctly, I am wondering if its the version of techstream or process. I am thinking about buying a 2 day pass for techstream in hopes it might fix it. Not sure if anyone else here has done this or might have ideas short of going to the dealer. Thanks!

I don't have the remote on my 2020, so I'm not really able to directly help. However, just to be clear for others who may be able to offer real help... you have the install instructions and did the Techstream thing before (customization) and after install (registration). If you don't have a copy of the 2016+ instructions let me know and I can email them in pdf form to you.

I don't have the remote on my 2020, so I'm not really able to directly help. However, just to be clear for others who may be able to offer real help... you have the install instructions and did the Techstream thing before (customization) and after install (registration). If you don't have a copy of the 2016+ instructions let me know and I can email them in pdf form to you.

Thank you, yes the instructions says 2016-2018 and the unit was bought from a dealer. Everything worked fine when I went to ECU registration, I chose remote starter and it said it was successful. The final step is where you go to the REMOTE START menu from the main page and it never appears. I tried to register again and it ended up with the same issue. I just need the remote start to appear on the main ECU page and it doesn't.

OMG I can't believe it. The system is complete and working! Here is what I did to fix it. When I connected this time with Techstream I decided to change the model year to 2018 instead of 2020 thinking that maybe the menus didn't exist yet for 2020. Doing this allowed the menu to appear and I could complete the enrollment and it works!!!! Sadly the actual install only took me about an hour to remove the panels, it was al the techstream stuff that took longer but at least now I can enjoy a warm truck all winter. I hope this can help someone else save the 4 hours I spent messing with this part. I took a few pics of the install I will share shortly.

Here are the docs I used for this 29 pages! I had previously used a 12v solutions remote starter but it would bug out quite often saying key not found and then would go away. I liked this one since it is integrated into the vehicle directly. The old ones used multiple cables, this one use only a single plug. I have to admit the location for the module is insane, I am sure I could have fit this elsewhere.
Can I ask what part # you bought for the remote start? I have a 2019 and am thinking about it.
Sure I got:
PT398-60160​
Remote Start​
$285.14

Can I ask what part # you bought for the remote start? I have a 2019 and am thinking about it.

I know it goes for all remote starts, but I used it today and it was very nice. I don't care about the car turning off when you open the door, I have had toyo remote starts before so I am used to it. So much better than a cold car and saves me a few minutes leaving for work. Well worth it

Installing it. Sorry i was asleep. Toyota keeps saying it wont work. When it clearly does and wont install it. Im mad at my dealer...
Must depend on the dealership. I asked for it to be thrown into my 2020 HE purchase and they had no trouble installing, and setting up. They told be it was about a 30 min job for them end to end.

I think it's just the fact they don't sell a lot of LCs and technically the directions say 2018 but it definitely works on mine too. If I didn't have the issue with the techstream not working I think I would have been done in under 1.5 hours myself. Sadly that added about 4 more of computer woes until I finally got it. Used it again today and it's worth the troubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom