Factory MWB Jump Seats?

Visit site
So I saw this picture in this ebay listing.

Was this a factory thing or did someone just add these in down in South America?

P1110644.jpg

TWatson

SILVER Star
Visit site
I believe they started to appear as a factory option in the early 90's. I have seen and have had several 80's vintage trucks with these installed. The earlier trucks did not appear to be completely set up for them from the factory but they do seem to install quite well. All of the ones I have seen were shorter though and did not interfere with the rear seat.

Last edited:

hoser

SILVER Star
Visit site
Can't really say for certain but there looks like some gray vinyl peeking out by the 3rd row seat hinge... which hints they might not be original to the vehicle. Perhaps borrowed from the 40 series?... which did have split bench seats?

On another note, anybody know what those brackets are, on top of the wheel wells?

toyota nico ultmas dic 15 042.jpg

Visit site
I have the rear jump seats in my FJ73, they are great for small people (kids) but not that practical for adults. As Twatson pointed out, the ones in the ebay listing interfere with the rear bench seat. Mine don't do that at all. I have the same seat covers in my FJ73 but a tan color.

Here is a pic of mine.

FJ73seats2_zpsqbi92dum.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom