Factory Brush Guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought/installed the factory brush guard? Are there any pdf format instructions online anywhere. I have seen pics of the factory one but not sure how it is secured.

On a recent visit to my Toyota dealer I saw an FJ with the factory brush guard. Noted that it seem quite secure and functional. Had spots for two lights and seemed to be of good quality. Not sure about .pdf for install instructions, perhaps the local Toyota dealer could help with that.

I'd be curious to see how it's secured...if it attaches like the Manik I used to have on my 80-series, then there's zero chance i'd install one...they are damage multipliers...

my ARB handled a deer at 70mph and needed nothing more than a bath...saved me at least $1k in body repairs....

a GOOD guard mount will attach to both the bottom AND the top of the frame...not sure how they'd do that without replacing the bumper tho...

I actually went to the dealer today and purchased the factory roof rack. It was lightweight and a piece of cake to install. From start to finish was about 30 minutes and improved the look greatly. My FJ is finally coming together.

I bought the brush gaurd and the aux. lights. It mounts to the rdiator supports and to the top of the bumper. The install instructions are on the trdsource website. It looks good but I'm not sure how well it will work against a deer. It works well against brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom