F145 Harmonic balancer removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
7D3C82DF-BDF6-4ACC-A496-4EC09FE70839.jpeg
Ok fellow gear heads, I am at a standstill with my engine tear down. How do I get this thing off? Is it a tapered press fit? It is on a 68 F145 motor. Thanks in advance

Yep, press fit. Toyota has a SST for its removal but you can make one for way cheaper.

You can make a very simple puller out of some flat bar, very cheaply. In the lower portion of your pic (7 o'clock) is one of the threaded holes you'll use to pull off the balancer from the crankshaft. If it's tight, that's a good thing. It means your keyway is likely in good shape along with the balancer itself and the crankshaft.

You can make a very simple puller out of some flat bar, very cheaply. In the lower portion of your pic (7 o'clock) is one of the threaded holes you'll use to pull off the balancer from the crankshaft. If it's tight, that's a good thing. It means your keyway is likely in good shape along with the balancer itself and the crankshaft.
Thanks, Picked up a harmonica balancer removal tool from the local parts store.

I seem to be getting referred to you quite a bit. I am finding all kinds of mischief left behind by the previous owner. I ran across this oil tube has a pretty nice Nick in it. The big red Rocker said you would be the man that could possibly get me hooked up with a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom