F - F.5 - 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure the status on 1/75-7/80 2F pistons. Those may be in the NLA category or close to it. Most these 40s are over forty years old. I have a couple that are over sixty years old. Toyota's Heritage program doesn't seem like it's going to produce what it takes too keep our 40s on the road with a original parts. Add in many aren't even sold here, only in Japan. I am wondering the wisdom in spending the money for Holley fuel injection versus just going a LS motor. Internal parts seem to be drying up quickly. I'm probably okay because of few miles a year driven, my age and parts hoard.

Clegg sells an engine kit that uses ITM pistons. I’m not sure if they are the right pistons but shows fitment up to 1975.
I used Clegg Engines master rebuild kit for my 74 F.5. It came with pistons, cam, cam gears, lifters and gaskets and seals.

I used Clegg Engines master rebuild kit for my 74 F.5. It came with pistons, cam, cam gears, lifters and gaskets and seals.

How long ago was this. Unfortunately time is not on our side. Sources keep drying up as time go by. I see just the simple rings and bearings is out of stock. I didn't go any further, was there options for over size pistons, rings and bearings? I know my 68 the crank bearing are .002" and main 001" over.

This is great info! It looks like they have what I’m looking for! Thanks Skreddy!
Clegg sells an engine kit that uses ITM pistons. I’m not sure if they are the right pistons but shows fitment up to 1975.

How long ago was this. Unfortunately time is not on our side. Sources keep drying up as time go by. I see just the simple rings and bearings is out of stock. I didn't go any further, was there options for over size pistons, rings and bearings? I know my 68 the crank bearing are .002" and main 001" over.
November of 2020. Yes if you order the master rebuild kit you have options for oversized pistons and undersized bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom