Extended Range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning,
as announced I try to get a crasp on how to extend the fuel range of my "Saufbruder" by putting underneath all that is realizable. Consuption on italien Dolomites gravel road 10,3mls/gl (23l/100km), on german highway minimum speed 14,8mls/gl (16l/100km).
I heard about the longranger tank which substitudes the stock gas tank. It is tout to have a capability of 140l?! Is it just plug and plug - easy to exchange?
What type of auxillary tank - placed where the spare tire sits - is recommendable and avialable? I am happy about second hand offers, too, if they are no more manufactured.

There are a few options out there. You can buy a 37 gallon/140 liter replacement tank from Mosley Motors. Man-a-fre makes one that is 38 gallon/144 liter. A non-US option was offered by Toyota, so you might be able to source parts? “Reuses your OE tank sending unit, fuel pump and filter.”
I don’t believe any of these options effect the spare tire area.

Here is a discussion of some options.

Last edited:
There are a few options out there. You can buy a 37 gallon/140 liter replacement tank from Mosley Motors. Man-a-fre makes one that is 38 gallon/144 liter. A non-US option was offered by Toyota, so you might be able to source parts? “Reuses your OE tank sending unit, fuel pump and filter.”

Hello, thanks a lot for the hints and infos. Yesterday I had call with

Hello, thanks a lot for tips and infos. Yesterday I had call with Taubenreuther who provides a lot of stuff (ARB, Longranger, etc.). They told my that only extended range tank can go underneath certain LC80/LX450 with have a wider space to accept those tank versions. Are there really different chassis, body from stock? Some go only with standard 90l and some with 140l means whenever there was the smaler tank factory set-up it will never be replaceable by the lager 140l or similar tank?

An email to the tank manufacturers is my suggestion. If there are different body types, it’s news to me. Would like to hear what you learn.

I will contsct them, now, and come back to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom