Extended Ram mount ball for LC200 grab handle, .stl file (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As seen elsewhere on this forum, the front grab handles make for great mounting of a ram ball. The ball needs to be extended past the handle to give the mounting hardware better clearance, which can be done with washers. Seeing as I'm currently working from home and now have a 3d printer in my garage as a result, I decided to just print one. below is the 3d files for those interested.

Use a M6x60 bolt such as below and it mounts straight to the grab handle.

Is it as strong as the original Ram mount? Most likely not. But i did print it with 100% infill and it feels solid. The bolt also adds a lot of strength and it seems more than adequate for this use case. Ball seems to be gripped fine with the ram mount attachments, but a little electrical tape on the ball will make it grip even better. So there you have it, simple and cheap. And yes, you can find .stl files of most of the other ram mount accessories you need all over the internet. Just felt this might interest a few of you that have access to printers.

Below you can see the clearance with the extended ball
IMG_4968.jpg
IMG_4970.jpg

Picture with my UV-5RV2+ Radio mount

IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

I have a Iphone holder i plan on using driver side. Passenger side will be the inreach. Still looking at mounting locations for the radio, probably somewhere down by the e-brake.

Thanks! This is something I’d never considered.

I went a little different route after trying the handle bolt. I used a handle bar mount instead to get my phone closer. I aligned the phone mount so it is inline with the a pillar from the driving position. When I used the bolt hole to mount I didn't like the way my phone blocked the view of the left front corner of the truck. It's just my preference, others may not have that issue. It is definitely an easier reach to the phone though.
63350887-8E17-4127-9DC0-623BA94AEDD3.jpeg

Thank you for sharing this.

Did you use PLA, ABS, or another plastic?

I went a little different route after trying the handle bolt. I used a handle bar mount instead to get my phone closer. I aligned the phone mount so it is inline with the a pillar from the driving position. When I used the bolt hole to mount I didn't like the way my phone blocked the view of the left front corner of the truck. It's just my preference, others may not have that issue. It is definitely an easier reach to the phone though. View attachment 2253269

Agreed on potential blocking of view, waiting to test it out on an extended drive in a couple days.

IMG_4993.jpg

However, on the passenger side, it has almost zero obstruction, making it perfect for the inreach.

IMG_4991.jpg

where did you connect that usb cable you ran up the A pilar? Any other comments/suggestions on running power there?

Thank you for sharing this.

Did you use PLA, ABS, or another plastic?

I printed it with abs, 100% infill as thats what i have on hand. Also have some carbon fiber reinforced nylon i might try out.

I ran it inside the rubber seal to the floor then under the kick plate then under the seat near the lower seat belt anchor. I then used the cigarette plug in the back of the console for power with a low profile cigarette to usb adapter which is hidden under the drivers seat underneath the rear floor mat. Wow, that was a mouthful!

👀 working...

Tons of options...
Here are some ways I’ve used these—

Garmin Inreach (satellite) and phone...
1585547421052.jpeg

Rear camera screen (plus another mount)
1585547441945.jpeg

plus passenger phone mount...
1585547504334.jpeg

Satellite and HAM radio control screen...
1585547549191.jpeg

What it looks like driving (unobstructed view, but easy glance spot)
1585547844937.jpeg

m

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom