Exhaust Options for 2004 Sport Edition 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon!

In search of a new exhaust system from the Cat Convertor back. Any good options out there beside OEM and $700 Magflow?

Thanks!

( I have a 2004 Sport Edition 4Runner V8 4.7)

Maybe reach out to Keith at DirtyDeeds Exhaust?
I had their cat-back on my 2000 Tundra, and have one currently on my ‘05 Gx470 (both have your 4.7 V8).
Great exhaust, and Keith really knows his stuff. He can help design exactly what you want in regards to rumble, note etc right over the phone.
Good luck

Be careful with an exhaust on these, the 4.7 loves to drone. I have a Borla for a 5th gen T4R on mine (which required some mods) and have had to add 2 resonators to knock down the drone and need to add another one to totally get rid of it. The performance increase with long-tube headers is totally worth it and it sounds great....but the drone from 1,500 to 2,500 rpm was pretty bad at first. I'm not sure there are any options, perhaps other than a Dirty Deeds, which don't drone on these rigs.

If you are going to add headers (as suggested above), want extra power, and don't mind slicing up the exhaust, go aftermarket. If you want quiet pony up for an OEM exhaust. Or try Dirty Deeds, which would have been cheaper/easier for me compared to hacking up my Borla (despite the great sound).

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have a recommendation for the 4.0L v6? I have an 05 that needs the cat and tailpipe replaced. Was hoping to replace the headers too if I can get some for a reasonable price.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone have a recommendation for the 4.0L v6? I have an 05 that needs the cat and tailpipe replaced. Was hoping to replace the headers too if I can get some for a reasonable price.
Stay away from the Gibson on a V6, it drones horribly.

-Rob

I was thinking magnaflow for cat back 2003-2022 Toyota 4Runner Performance Exhaust System | MagnaFlow - https://www.magnaflow.com/products/19546-magnaflow-2003-2024-toyota-4runner-overland-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
but had difficulty finding headers for a reasonable price.

Edit:
I'd like to add that I did go with the magnaflows. I'm so satisfied I came back to say I'd recommend going with them. Install took me like 20 minutes. Now I just need to find someone to tack weld it as a preventative measure so the clamps don't come off.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom