Exhaust Collector Flange Information Wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

love2fly

Flying the Mountains of the NW
Threads
It now time to replace the two collector flanges and ring seal gasket on the front side of my muffler due to rust. It's a 82 FJ45, has no cat as its an Australian model so it is a simple exhaust unit.
I know I can just have complete after market set of flanges made up but would like to keep it as stock as possible due to the front hangar uses a stock flange holes to hold the muffle pipe in place. I do my own welding work but need the two flange collectors to build from, any on have a source were stock flanges can be found.

Stole the 1st picture from a mud post:rolleyes:

T2 exhaust.jpg

stolen exhaust picture.jpg

Probably the easiest is off 60 series exhaust system. As far as I know the three flange was used from 1/79-7/87 on the 40/60 series. Replacing the muffler on my 70 FJ40. The inlet on the aftermarket muffler is welded. The OEM muffler I have has the three bolt flange. I have a flange with about 6" of pipe to get it back to stock. Someone gave me a good 60 series muffler to use in my FJ62. Needed to cut the longer inlet pipe of the 60 series muffler to use the two bolt FJ62 flange. Luckily hung on to the flange and able to repurpose it.

I should have a flange with a short piece of pipe. Was bolted to a 82ish exhaust manifold.

Hey guys, I think I will have to post a picture or two of the flange with the dimensions. It seems as it is off set on holes just a tad, but maybe wrong. I will post tomorrow. Sounds as the 60-62 maybe a choice. I have been looks but most I can find is aftermarket. Thanks

As you can see it is in bad shape, looks as year of water condensation has put a toll on the flange/gasket. From center of bolt hole to hole it is
about 3.25". One shot shows the stock hangar for the flange to frame. I tried to clean out a much gasket as possible but it is to far gone.
Rusty 72 are you offering up the two sections of exhaust? If it is the same more and in good condition, PM me. Thanks

DL284663 copy.jpg

DL284664.jpg

DL284669.jpg

Believe two different three bolt flanges may have been used. Not sure the one that bolts to the manifold is the same one used on the muffler inlet. FJ62 is not three bolt but two bolt. The one I have was from a unknown year 60 series muffler. It is the same pattern as the OEM replacement 1/79+ FJ40 muffler. The flange and muffler are at a different location. The used flange is as rust free as the new muffler which is the reason I used the muffler in my FJ62. Would bought a new one like I did for my 79 FJ40.

My 1980 had the exact same flanges as I have on this 82 Australian 45 other than the 80 had a cat in front of the muffler. I know of a gent in the next town from me that plays with 60-62 so I might give him a visit and see if he can shed some light on the flanges.
Cheers my friend.

Well so far I can not find a stock replacement flange anywhere. I contacted lots of exhaust shops and even Toyota and seems no one has the flanges that will use the stock gaskets. Anyone have a source of were maybe I can have a few flanges custom cut. I can possibly maybe use a universal Flat Triangle Three Bolt Exhaust Flange that is sold on Ebay but the three mount/bolt holes are not correct. ??
Tried on the JF60 side in the "parting out section" no replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom