Ever get tired of wrenching on your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer said:
Why do you think we call her princess? I did have her help me change the oil in her runner.

Romer....dude...get her under there and get her working hardcore on that rig!!!

The last thing you need when she goes off to college is some dumbass tardscrewball's talking BS about trucks and offering to help just to hit on her. blah, blah, blah...that way, if she knows how to work on a rig, she can slice through poser tard asses!!

Get her nails dirty!! The next birf job, you should sit back and just point to what she has to do...

Am I sounding awfully harsh here? ;)

Best
-onur
Akron, OH

Gumby

Gumby said:
Yup. I raised my prices. From free to not so much.

Gumby,

I sure wish we lived closer. I sure could use some of not so much prices. :)

Grouseman

elmariachi said:
As long as you let me hit your finger again with the hammer, you can spill parts solvent in my DP. :flipoff2:

lol - I forgot about that. You really did clock me.

How 'bout we just call it even? :)

Everytime I fix sometime I seem to find the next time to fix.
I've spent the last four years just gotten the rig to the start line "0" before I add a lift and armor to do some more aggressive wheelin.
What I mean by the start line is fixing all the neglect from the prior owner.

What's worst is getting old and not being able to tolerate the pains in the neck, hands and fingers.

I just started really working on my own 80 this summer since I haven't had much money, but I find a more rewarding feeling when I'm driving my cruiser and it runs better because I fixed it. Next on lists is replace oil pan gasket and o2 sensor, bedline hood and fender flares, replace plugs. Easy maintence nothing big. I'm too scared to do anything major by myself due to the fact that I might screw it up.

nyk438 said:
I just started really working on my own 80 this summer since I haven't had much money, but I find a more rewarding feeling when I'm driving my cruiser and it runs better because I fixed it. Next on lists is replace oil pan gasket and o2 sensor, bedline hood and fender flares, replace plugs. Easy maintence nothing big. I'm too scared to do anything major by myself due to the fact that I might screw it up.

Well, if you even need help, PM me. Aside from Wheelin and fixing the rig, I like to offer help whenever I can. Little tricks for certain fixes are great to know.

Sad thing is that I don't even wrench on an 80 that I own. The only 80 that I've worked on belongs to a friend of mine. I help him out because his 1991 is a very basic design (so I'm not afraid to screw anything up) and shops around here charge an arm and a leg for repairs.

The aggravating part is that his cruiser leaks every fluid it possibly can, so everything underneath is coated in oil, tranny fluid, PS fluid, and coolant. Everything you do under there (even minor stuff) leaves you totally coated in black muck. Nonetheless, it's fun to occaisionally help a friend.

The 92 had me doing alot of repairs, and it was a love/hate relationship. Now it's gone and the 97 has been wonderful. I've replaced the belts, the VSV, and the PCV hoses along with regular maintenance.

hans747 said:
Sad thing is that I don't even wrench on an 80 that I own. The only 80 that I've worked on belongs to a friend of mine. I help him out because his 1991 is a very basic design (so I'm not afraid to screw anything up) and shops around here charge an arm and a leg for repairs.

The aggravating part is that his cruiser leaks every fluid it possibly can, so everything underneath is coated in oil, tranny fluid, PS fluid, and coolant. Everything you do under there (even minor stuff) leaves you totally coated in black muck. Nonetheless, it's fun to occaisionally help a friend.

well, with all this leaking, maybe you should stop "helping" him, eh? :D

Im getting tired of wrenching on mine. Between the PHH and all the transmission woes this afternoon I would have sold you my 80 for next to nothing earlier today because I was so frustrated.

mooker82 said:
Im getting tired of wrenching on mine. Between the PHH and all the transmission woes this afternoon I would have sold you my 80 for next to nothing earlier today because I was so frustrated.

hmmm... where do you live? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom