Entune Freezing and Crashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for that. It's amazing how these dealers just don't have a clue. How does an article like this surface and the dealer where I bought the car form has no clue? Are they just playing dumb?

Update-I posted earlier this week. The same thing happened to me. Google it under Lexus nav/head until crashes. It affected LC 200 2016's. I dropped off at the dealer and they did a hard reset by disconnecting the battery and seem to think this was a permanent fix so we will see. I am going to pick up my LC here shortly.

I see a number of crashes when streaming Pandora, which is really the only app I use in the suite. Now that you mention it they do seem to be more frequent recently. Mine's a '15 200. It's hard to know if it's the fault of the app, BT integration, or something else. There's a fair amount of complexity to making that all work properly.

My dealer just got the bulletin this morning. Hard rest is the only solution they were provided. Just disconnect the battery. It wasn't working for some other folks earlier because the updates weren't sent over the air yet. Try it now and it should fix. But please, report back, just in case...

My dealer just got the bulletin this morning. Hard rest is the only solution they were provided. Just disconnect the battery. It wasn't working for some other folks earlier because the updates weren't sent over the air yet. Try it now and it should fix. But please, report back, just in case...

Hopefully it's one of those oversights where they needed to include a software-induced reset, but didn't.

Sort of like how on computer OS updates...some require a full system re-start and some do not.

It's certainly possible that it is just that, and it won't return.
Only time will tell.

It's kind of scary they can push data without your approval.

It's kind of scary they can push data without your approval.

Was thinking same. I'd be checking settings to see if there's a way to disable automatic updates. If it can crash part of your system, it is capable of crashing far more critical elements. I'll be surprised if there is no way disable auto-updates.

I took my 2015 to the Toyota Dealership today where they assured me that an Entune software/firmware update would fix the crash, freeze, reboot problems I was having, just like all of you have described above. Guess what? I started the engine and Entune froze before I even pulled out of the dealership, and on top of that they had charged me $55.00 for the update130.

While I was waiting to reschedule I googled the Entune issue and I find this having been posted July 19th at cars.com:
https://www.cars.com/articles/2014-2015-toyota-entune-issue-1420684960142/
------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-2015 Toyota Entune Issue
By Tom Torbjornsen CARS.COM

The problem: In vehicles with the Entune audio system, Bluetooth may sometimes disconnect from Android phones, or from the iPhone 4 when connected via USB. The radio may reboot when multiple functions are being used at the same time, or after completing a navigation route by voice command. This may be due to a software glitch in the audio system.

Vehicles affected by service bulletin Equipped with Entune system:
· 2014 Toyota 4Runner
· 2015 Toyota 4Runner
· 2014 Toyota Highlander
· 2015 Toyota Highlander
· 2014 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
· 2015 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
· 2014 Toyota Sequoia
· 2015 Toyota Sequoia
· 2014 Toyota Tacoma
· 2015 Toyota Tacoma
· 2014 Toyota Tundra
· 2015 Toyota Tundra
· 2015 Toyota Avalon
· 2015 Toyota Avalon Hybrid
· 2015 Toyota Prius V
· 2015 Toyota Sienna
· 2015 Toyota Venza

Corrective action: Dealers will reprogram the Entune audio system control module.

Warranty info:
This service is being performed free of charge under Toyota's limited new-vehicle warranty.

What owners should do:
Call your local dealer with your vehicle's identification number to determine if it's involved in this service bulletin. You can also call Toyota at 800-331-4331 or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at 888-327-4236. Reference TSB No. SB0035-16.
------------------------------------------------------------------

If nothing else, I am going to get my $55.00 back tomorrow.

For what it's worth, here's the version numbers after the update performed today
Toyota%20Entune%20Update%20July%2019th%202016_zpssrozqw8z.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom