Engo installed, opinions!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally got the Engo installed today, it's in rough draft stage. Just wondering if it is ok to bundle the cables together like I did? Do you guys recommend wrapping the cables or? Thoughts? Thanks.

20161005_185300.jpg

20161005_185254.jpg

20161005_185249.jpg

As long as they don't rub or chafe on something, you're fine. I always put some plastic conduit over mine just for added protection.

As long as they don't rub or chafe on something, you're fine. I always put some plastic conduit over mine just for added protection.
Thought aboutdoing that...didn't know if that would cause any heating issues. Thanks!

Thought aboutdoing that...didn't know if that would cause any heating issues. Thanks!

If the cable gauge is sized correctly, they won't generate any significant heat in use, and the conduit would help protect them from engine bay heat.

I would cut the cables as short as I could, without causing any undue stress on the cables. Cutting them shorter will limit the induced current they will create from being longer... bundling will create more induced current as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom