Engine Stalls when Steering turned Full (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I have a 1hdft 1995. Recently the engine has started to stall when steering in turned on idle. And if the AC is on it stalls when i even stop it with its gear in "D". I also have a doubt that its gearbox is also heating up more than normal. Will somebody plz guide me what to do.
Regards

There is an idle control system that bumps up the idle speed when the engine has load on it, i.e. the power steering and the AC. Start there with the FSM diagnostics section.

Check your IAC (idle air control) valve. Unless oil burners don't have these, then disregard.

Last edited:
There is an idle control system that bumps up the idle speed when the engine has load on it, i.e. the power steering and the AC. Start there with the FSM diagnostics section.

Check your IAC (idle air control) valve. Unless oil burners don't have these, then disregard.
Thanks for indicating IAC valve. I will check it up and post a response. But yet to find a FSM for 1hdft 1995.

Thanks for indicating IAC valve. I will check it up and post a response. But yet to find a FSM for 1hdft 1995.
I found a FSM for 1HDFT. Didn't get time to check IAC valve. Will post the FSM for all to copy if required

I found a FSM for 1HDFT. Didn't get time to check IAC valve. Will post the FSM for all to copy if required
You can also check into the Diesel section of 'Mud. You may find your answer there more quickly.

Hi all.
▪︎I checked idle air con valve on my 1hdft but there is none.
▪︎I checked the FSM and there is no mention of it there as well.
▪︎I tried to solve this issue by RPM setting. I raised it till 925 and it was good but when I brought it down to 825 or below it started stalling when the wheels were turned on idle.
▪︎I even took any air out of the nozzles but no effect.
▪︎I have checked air intake and feul lines for any leakage or blockade but there is none.
▪︎Will somebody plz guide me further.
Regards

Sorry to bring back such an old thread but i am having the same issue was this ever resolved ???

Sorry to bring back such an old thread but i am having the same issue was this ever resolved ???
Hi. This issue was resolved when I got my diesel pump recalibrated. However, another expert told me that one of the causes is old fins of a rotor fitted in the hydraulic pump. Experts can expand this finding further for clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom