Engine knocking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.nullterminal.org
Hey,

Started up my 1994 FZJ80 this afternoon and Im getting no oil pressure from the gauge and also the engine started knocking,

any ideas?

The engine has 225XXX miles on it, think it is its time to go because from what I hear toyotas should run forever.

Oil level is between meduim and topped off.

Of couse i would check the oil level

Jeez this sucks, i might have to have a complete engine overhaul :frown:

The knocking would suggest a tolerance issue in the rod bearings. No oil going through them would create this tolerance issue.

You could have a broken oil pump shaft. It hooks to the bottom of you distributor and is driven off your distributor.

It could also be a knock from carbon build up on the head.

Hmm thanks, kind of giving me hope that my Cruiser isnt dead.

Thats what I thought it was but the way my dad and uncle made it sound, sounded like my dad was going to make me pay for a new engine... and I dont have that money right now.

Thanks D'animal and fzjchase

Trevdawg

Hey your engine may or may not be done. Don't think the worst yet, but your oil pump is run off the crankshaft not the distributor on the 1FZ. 225k is young for this motor but things do happen. It is good to check with a manual gauge even though the knock agrees with no oil pressure. Do you have a factory manual?

Haha yeah, fzj80

I dont have the manual yet but i ordered one from a local parts store should be getting it soon, im going in this im guessing expecting the worse.

but hopefully it won't be.. Ill check every inch of that thing before i lift it out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom