Engine bay body rips (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There was a story of one burning up over in the blue room of this repair being done w/o dash removal.

There was a story of one burning up over in the blue room of this repair being done w/o dash removal.

That was a friend of mines FJC - HighBeams & LowBeams of Adventure4x4 now Intropage

It really sucked for them.

My guy at the Jag body shop said dash removal is a MUST. WAY to much welding right into the firewall.
He said he wouldn't even do the job if Toyota won't cough up enough to pay for that.
It's in the shop today for the estimate...got my fingers crossed!

Good Luck on your Fix.

PM

My guy at the Jag body shop said dash removal is a MUST. WAY to much welding right into the firewall.
He said he wouldn't even do the job if Toyota won't cough up enough to pay for that.
It's in the shop today for the estimate...got my fingers crossed!

Toyota will pay for dash removal. They paid for mine twice.

Well I'm glad for you guys that Toyota is repairing yours, no luck in my case :mad:

So i started a new blog today with videos dedicated to Floppy.
Worst4x4xFar

cracks in fender aprons

The reason I joined is because I recently discovered severely cracking fender aprons in my engine compartment. This is an ’07 with an aftermarket heavy bumper and winch. The dealer will not do anything to help because of the high mileage (116K). I found in your forum and others that many other owners have had this problem but I have not seen where any have gotten satisfaction from their dealer. I do know that Toyota manufactured replacement aprons with a new design in later years. How can I get my dealer to pay for the replacement job (approx. $3500)?

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Brucelove9

PS: Please advise how I can add pictures (JPGs) to my post.

At 116K I wouldn't worry about it...your fenders will not fall off.
Use that $3500 for upgrading other items on the rig.
Just my 2 pennies of advice.

cracks in fender aprons

The reason I joined is because I recently discovered severely cracking fender aprons in my engine compartment. This is an ’07 with an aftermarket heavy bumper and winch. The dealer will not do anything to help because of the high mileage (116K). I found in your forum and others that many other owners have had this problem but I have not seen where any have gotten satisfaction from their dealer. I do know that Toyota manufactured replacement aprons with a new design in later years. How can I get my dealer to pay for the replacement job (approx. $3500)?

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Brucelove9

PS: Please advise how I can add pictures (JPGs) to my post.

Hey, I am at 140k miles and discovered a similar issue. I have a rip on each side of the engine bay, each on the 5th crumple zone. What did you end up doing? What is the result so far? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom