EMT in the house!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bpenn1980

SILVER Star
Threads
Just finished a 3 week accelerated Emergency Medical Technician course at UCLA. It was very very cool. I'd wanted to get my EMT for a while just for the knowledge and potential butt saving that it could help with in far away lands, but doing Sat/Sun weekend classes for 3-4 months always sounded like too much of a trade off. Its amazing how the calendar just clears up when you get laid off! haha :grinpimp: Three weeks of 8 hour days didnt seem like too much when you have everyday off! Always look on the bright side ;)

Anyway, it was an incredible course and I highly recommend it to anyone who's interested. I'd never thought about medicine before this class, but I gained a whole different level of interest in the subject as a result.

I'd still recommend that no one get hurt when I'm around or I might get all excited and actually try and help...
What's the saying? A little knowledge is more dangerous than none at all? :D

Now you can get sued! Oh wait...even good samaritans can get sued in the Repuplik of Kalifornia.

Seriously, congrats!!

Congratulations Brad!
Along with a bunch of white 80s theres a common thing with the Health Field/First Responder members here.

Aside from 8 hrs 5 days a week, did you have to pay UCLA $11/day to park at Structure 8? :bang:

Congratulations Brad!
Along with a bunch of white 80s theres a common thing with the Health Field/First Responder members here.

Aside from 8 hrs 5 days a week, did you have to pay UCLA $11/day to park at Structure 8? :bang:

I'm lucky that I live 1.5 miles away, so I was able to ride my bike and walk about half the class. Other times I parked at the public structure on Broxton for $8/day. Pinching pennies to save $2/day felt funny after spending $925 for the class though! haha Made up for it with COPIOUS amounts of Coffee Bean and Starbucks though

A lot of the people in my class drove in from all over the place and quite a few got over $100 in various parking infractions the first few days when they attempted to located "free" parking. UCLA police have the parking market cornered up there

Congratulations. I remember when I got my EMT way back when it was the first time I really enjoyed school. :cheers:

Congratulations. I remember when I got my EMT way back when it was the first time I really enjoyed school. :cheers:

Remember those days when you enjoyed it, then those days when you wanted to be a EMT instead of a medic? I had one of those last week................

Congrats on the EMT.....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom