Empty torque converter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so after replacing my head gasket (and a bunch of other stuff)
IMG_20200808_202659_847.jpg
in my 95 I got my motor trans and transfer case back in the truck. Alomost all hooked back up and I'm turning the motor over by hand and I hear a spring/creaking sound coming out of that area. I also noticed my transmission is over full on the dipstick. Is it possible that when I was putting it back in that the fluid out of the converter ran back into the transmission? Pretty sure my transmission fluid was fine before. I never pulled the converter, only replaced my rear main seal back there. I'm thinking I'm going to have to drop the transfer case and transmission to check and or refill my converter. Just wondering if I'm right...🤔🤷‍♂️
I also have 2 ground wires im not too sure about also. The first one is the ground that is on the lift ring towards the top front of the motor. Where does the bottom side attach to?
The second one is on the bottom of my coil, there are two grounds coming out of there. One attaches to the fender with a plug on it. The other is longer and has a bolt that I taped to it. Its not greasy so I'm thinking it wasnt attached to the motor. Can someone look at theirs and tell me or snap a pic maybe??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom