Emergency Hazard Flashers are working but Indicator/Turn Signals are not (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Howdy all, I'm no electrical wiz and am hoping to rely on your wisdom here. I have an 88 FJ62. Yesterday my blinkers stopped working. My hazard lights still work and I can hear the relay clicking away under the dash by my left foot when the hazards are going but when I try the turn signal - nothing - crickets - no light no sound. I checked my indicator fuse and it appears to be intact. When I tried to figure out which relay controlled the turn signal I found Toyota part number 81980 controls the indicators. However when I look at the wiring diagram it looks like 81980 is the relay that controls the hazard lights, which are happily clicking away as we speak - so it seems to be operating okay.
- Does the same relay control both the hazards and the blinkers and it's just damaged inside or is there a different relay.
- If the blinkers aren't working but the hazards are, and the fuse is intact - where would you all look next to diagnose?
- 10 points for Gryffindor for whoever can point me in the right direction. - Thanks all!

The Toyota part number for the flasher relay is: 81980-16010 ($58).

Replace the relay and -maybe- you’ll be back in flasher heaven again.

At least that’s the first thing I’d try.

If that doesn’t fix it, then the turn signal stalk switch on the steering column is the next suspect.

F8ABF3D3-9467-48E9-9CEE-285E44DDF883.jpeg

0F689886-D3C0-4A42-B603-90D30496DDF2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom