electricity and lighting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
didnt really see a thread on this subject so i thought it might be helpfull to post this

all the lights on the right side of my troopy are dimmer than the left side, including the headlight. i am thinking a ground issue, and i understand a headlight dim issue with theyre own ground wires, but i'm a little stumped at how it would involve all the running lights on one side, especially when it looks like the lighting harnes shares a common ground.

same with a relay going bad, its just one relay for running lights so it wouldnt affect just one side right?

anybody have further thoughts on this?

my copy of the wiring diagram isnt a god scan, hard to read the fine print, anybody have a good crisp scan?

thanks in advance

Which vehicle/engine?
May have a wire rubbing somewhere on the bad side.?

I changed all globes to leds, less draw.
Cleaned and replaced, rewired, any suspect wires. Definitely happened to the wiper window washer water pump. Just put in a new wire and separate switch for this, works like new.

My wife's mazda is 1994, all her lights are dim, I put it too the slow, sticky, green corrosion on copper which slowly creeps up the loom. Less and less current can flow through the corroded copper. I saw it happen on an off grid hydro electric turbine which generated power from a river a long way from the house it feed. Over years it gave less power due to the corrosion.

Chances, my guess, is the dim side is the far side from the battery and alternator?

Heard or read a story of all the 'c'class mercs electrical wire being insulated with a biodegradable plastic. Many of them had to be re-loomed!

1988 FJ75 with 3F engine

Alt is on left side batt is on right side.

Got it fixed last night, I energized the loom and started pinging it as I made my way down the loom, there is a double ground wire at the rear and another double ground wire at the front.

One of the grounds at the front was broken inside the loom under the air filter box. Ultimately the entire right side lighting was half grounded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom