Electrical issue update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My symptoms have evolved/settled into the following:

The door open light on the dash is lit all the time even when truck is parked and locked with no key in ignition.

The rear passenger side door entry light is on all the time as well.

The dome light over the 2nd row seats is always on unless I turn it to the off position.

So the cruiser thinks the door is open. Any ideas where to start?

(also, the key fob no longer works to lock, unlock the doors but will signal the panic alarm if I hold it down, this started the same time as the above symptoms)

(also, the key fob no longer works to lock, unlock the doors but will signal the panic alarm if I hold it down, this started the same time as the above symptoms)

This is because you truck thinks the doors are open. Check all hardware and sensors around your doors.

Also check that the door catch's are tight - I noticed one day when going around a bend in the road at speed because my arm was resting on the door, the dome light would flick on and off.

It was two loose screws holding the door catch were loose giving the lock enough freedom that it would let the door open sensors thing I was opening the door.

Tightened them up and all was good :)

Ok, after looking closer at the area, I can see that the rubber coating on the door open sensor isn't flush to the door. I can see water getting in there. I was unable to get it back in place, so I need to access that switch. Any one know how to get in there? It's on the passenger side rear door so I suppose I could access the area through the panel behind the rear seats.

It's on the passenger side rear door so I suppose I could access the area through the panel behind the rear seats.

Yes, remove that panel and the switch is accessible. You might be able to repair it but plan to order a new one from CDan.

All of the problems you described point to the door switch.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom