Electrical issue, driver's door switch/relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Azca

If there is a harder way - I will find it...
Threads
I recently replaced the battery in my 97. I had not driven it in about a week and found it dead. Once connected, the driver's door switch appears to have reversed the way it is to operate. Closing the door activates the interior lighting and the door open switch on the dash. Opening it turns off the lighting and dash light. I know this was not the case until I replaced the battery.

I also pulled the front seats out to replace the leather, I see no way this would have impacted the door switch but, I am not an automotive electrical system expert.

Assuming the relay is normally closed, how would it switch to normally open? I would assume that shutting the door opens the relay. Any other ideas on what is happening here?

I was thinking about it. Do you know if the switch have multiple leads IE normally open or normally closed?

Just pulled it, and yes, this is the first time I had a chance to. I have been giving birth to a kidney stone the last few days. Anyway, I must have hit it with the seat when putting it in and broke it. Came apart in my hands. Another new part for the cruiser! pulled the guts out of it till I can get a replacement.

... I must have hit it with the seat when putting it in and broke it. ...

You would not be the first to do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom