ELECTRIC JACK FOR RECEIVER HITCH (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Had an idea to replace my 3000 lb farm jack and hydraulic bottle jack used in off roading. The rig has receiver hitches front and rear and I also added in the side of the frame at center. Rated for 3000 lbs , has 36" lift ability. Was designed for trailer tongue lifting and cost $130

IMG_1027.jpg
IMG_1030.jpg

That's a pretty slick idea. Even better if it has the drop down foot for more reach. How to you connect to power?
It does have the drop down leg as you can see the pin clip at the foot in the picture. The power is a 2 wire WP connector (picked up on Amazon 10 for $11, now you get two packs for the same price) wired in the cab and fused (Inline blade) at 20A each outlet. I use one half of one to keep the socket clean of debrit. I cut the wires short and heat shrinked the ends of the one half I use to insert into the socket when not in use.
1652105746157.png

That's a pretty slick idea. Even better if it has the drop down foot for more reach. How to you connect to power?
By the way it only weighs about 20 lbs. I welded angle iron on the sides below to stiffen it up and support the brace that goes into the receiver bolt hole for the ball down to the angle iron, I used 5/8 rebar for strength.

I've had electric tongue jacks on my travel trailers and never thought of this. Lighter or similar to weight of a high lift jack. Receiver hitch type mount = no slip. This seems like a good idea.

Have you ever used it or is this new for you? I'd like to see it in action. Pics or video.

I'd just have to rig a link, cable or chain to keep my suspension from drooping. Same for anytime I lift from the bumpers or sliders. I typically use one of those hyd jack/jack stand combos under my axle for a tire change.

I've had electric tongue jacks on my travel trailers and never thought of this. Lighter or similar to weight of a high lift jack. Receiver hitch type mount = no slip. This seems like a good idea.

Have you ever used it or is this new for you? I'd like to see it in action. Pics or video.

I'd just have to rig a link, cable or chain to keep my suspension from drooping. Same for anytime I lift from the bumpers or sliders. I typically use one of those hyd jack/jack stand combos under my axle for a tire change.
Yes I used it already and it works, as for the video I tried to post a video here and for some reason a message came up stating that it was not a picture ? Computers & I are not good friends.....PITA to me, old school but I pic up if directed to how. I'll try again and do it on my 2500 HD Duramax pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom