Eldorado Canyon Run February 24th 2018 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I drove the 40 to work last week and it puked a cup of oil in the parking lot, I'm not sure I could make the drive down there and back without topping up the diff.

OK so sounds like this has turned into a Modded rigs run. Only have about 2" of lift, 31s and everything else is stock with no rocker protection so count me out. If you guys change your mind and decide to do something more stocker friendly let me know. Gonna talk to my buddy with the LJ and see what his truck has, may still show up if he is modded enough to make the crossings and whatnot and I am his only rider.

Hope you and your friend can make it. Jeeps are welcome.(we have tow straps and winches);)
Dan did you puke gear oil from your diff? Gasket issue with your new Ruff Stuff cover?? If it was oil from your 24mm galley plug on the front of your 2f motor I'm the guy that can fix that.:mad::bang::worms:

Hope you and your friend can make it. Jeeps are welcome.(we have tow straps and winches);)
Dan did you puke gear oil from your diff? Gasket issue with your new Ruff Stuff cover?? If it was oil from your 24mm galley plug on the front of your 2f motor I'm the guy that can fix that.:mad::bang::worms:
The Ruff stuff cover side isn't leaking. The threads on the diff side are so worn/stretched I can't keep them tight, I may be leaking from the pinion seal too. What I should probably do is find another axle and swap in the guts from this one. What I will probably do is drill and tap the holes to the next size up bolt. I have a set of rollers now so I may be able to shoehorn the truck into the garage and start working on it.

That would be great if you could make it Jack. lowcrwln in CBUTTS. Rusty is shotgunning with me and Will in the 62 is on. A few others were affirmative at the meeting. We should have a good group:banana:. I hope ya'll don't mind if we do a bit of tree pruning. It shouldn't take to long. Some branches are death on soft tops. I don't worry much about pin stripping but some might.

Not looking good for me to be there. Had some things come up.

It turns out I forgot a morning appointment. If we get do early I will still try to make it, but no guarantees.

Well, we had a nice run. We all made it home safe but not warm(me anyway). I freaking froze:eek:. The wind was hitting several places in the canyon and the sun wasn't making a presence through all the clouds. 4 rigs showed and Will met us at the meet point in his snazzy official digs to say hi. We want to see that 62 out on some trails!
So it was an awesome 80 and two cool FJCs and my old dog:cool:. I must say it was nice to stretch my 40s limbs again. Slow but sure I an getting some confidence back and getting ready for some harder trails. I didn't take any pictures. I think Loren took some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom