Eldorado Canyon Club Run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Club run yesterday was a lot of fun!
The turn out consisted of Mark in his 40, Kurt in his fjcruiser and myself in my 80.

We left pavement right around the corner from our meeting point at about 9:15.
The trail was interesting because you could stay on the easy trail or go through the river bed and do a little rock crawlin.

There was a hill towards the end that got interesting. It was very muddy and of course there was stuck jeeps on it. They were going down, we were going up. We all got up the hill without need of tug or winch, the jeeps on the other hand needed their winches to get down....yeah.

Anyway, our only hiccup was a popped bead on the fjcruiser, we just threw on the spare and pressed on.

IMG_20151121_093208430[1].jpg

Mark showing off:steer:
IMG_20151121_102641100[1].jpg

Very nice! I wish I could have come but with sick friends and everything our Saturday was pretty much squashed. Sunday our little run got cancelled but was able to finish some welding and get stuff buttoned up.

Looks like it was a fun run for you guys though.. Anyone happen to do GPS or know where I can see a map of trail?

Thanks for the posting Justin. It was a fun day in the pine nut wilderness. That mud hill was really a shock for how dry it had been on the trail:eek:. Greg I think if you were with us we would have needed to go back out the way we came in. We needed our lockers to get up the hill at the end of the trail and up sunrise pass. I was in high gear and on it with both lockers engaged and just inched up one treacherous mud patch where two motorcycles had gotten stuck in the ditch and road. Mud was everywhere under and on and in the rig. Took me a half hour at the car wash and then another hour at home to get "most" of it off. I can honestly say Ih8mud. It was still good to get out:chicken::wacky:.
Saw a couple of places that the trail could use some helpo_O. Maybe a club project. The "hill" at the end really needs some work if people are going to continue to run it in the wet months. I mean these jeeps were stuck going down hill; we had to tread a bit un-lightly to get around them. Their tires looked like giant 37" mud beach balls. :confused:

It was good to see Kurt :jimlad:getting out of his comfort zone and crawlin some rocks in the creek bed and Justin with his pretty :princess: and girlfriend Norrie wheeling like he has done it his whole short life(wait he has). Impressive how Justin wheeled his 80. It pays to come from a long line of cruiserheads/family.:p

The broken bead was only a hiccup and was caused cause we had to go smokin thru some tire swallowing ruts to get around the Jeeps. Luckily Kurt stayed on it and he got to a dry level place where we could change it. There was so much mud in and on the tire it was protected from harm and damage. Cudos to Kurt for being prepared with a suitable spare.
I will post some pictures later.

I forgot about those motorcycles on the hill, they were right in the way and the one that wasn't stuck was right in the middle of the road, they yelled at me for getting so close to them. Idiots lol:hillbilly:. Anyway I never washed my 80, but nature did a great job as I drove over the pass this morning, snow and heavy heavy rain cleaned it up real good. Locking the center and rear on the 80 makes it a machine on the snow and ice:steer: People kept honking at me for passing them using the unplowed fast lane!:flipoff2:

It was a lot of fun... though the cleanup was a PITA.

Was hoping to take my rig over to tire store to get the tire remounted and then everything balanced and rotated... but found the tire that was my spare flat. Ugh! At least it didn't go flat on the trail!

Going to fill it with air now to see if it might hold air long enough to make it to the tire store. Worse case I'll have to make two trips, first to get the spare fixed, and another to get everything rotated and balanced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom