Ebrake > TC leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I have a 79 HJ 45 and I sprung a leak between my Ebrake and Transfer case. I spoke to my past mechanic who is now a little far and I know I need to open the brake up and check the seal between the TC and Brake but I’m a little stuck with this nut. I don’t have documentation for this little section of the truck but is this something I’ll need an impact wrench to release?

also, any tip for how to hold it in place so I don’t rotate the whole drum?

thanks

5320C2F9-F0C9-4E58-9346-3D5C851B44EF.jpeg

6A9B4548-97C9-4C14-A3AF-F96B3DB4E3DF.jpeg

Breaker bar should do the trick. Transmission in gear, brake on and wheel chocks tight to the tires to prevent rolling.
Roger that, I expected this would be the case. I need some better taller chocks, but thanks. Since it’s a nyloc I didn’t think I’d need more than a breaker.

Drain the tcase or you’ll get oil coming out as soon as you pull the drum.
Yea did that already thanks.

finally broke free the nut.
You wouldn’t happen to have an exploded view of this brake would you? I imagine it’s quite simple but of all the manuals I have this is not in any of them.

Thanks again, I had the brake disengaged but didn’t loosen the cable. Also thanks for the blown up assembly seems pretty simple. I’ll finish tomorrow.

started my restoration plans today so I’ll post some before pictures to my original post of the truck

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom