early early fuel pump rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i cant seem to find the original thread showing step by step rebuild of early fuel pump. can anyone help please.
fuel pump.jpg

Rebuilt a few of these over the years. Never needed instructions. It's pretty straight forward, just need to be sure to install the two valves in the correct way. Mess that up and it will either do nothing or pump backwards if both are wrong.

sounds good. thank you, i posted in another section and got some pics and instructions also. i just remember seeing a post about rebuilding and thought i remembered the person having to add threads to something so i wanted to make sure. even though it has the primer it should be straight forward? i meant to work on mine yesterday but ended up helping a friend with his roof. ill try to get into the fuel pump tonight after work. thank you again

sounds good. thank you, i posted in another section and got some pics and instructions also. i just remember seeing a post about rebuilding and thought i remembered the person having to add threads to something so i wanted to make sure. even though it has the primer it should be straight forward? i meant to work on mine yesterday but ended up helping a friend with his roof. ill try to get into the fuel pump tonight after work. thank you again

Last one I rebuilt was the early hand primer pump. If I had any issue was so minor don't even remember. I used a newer used pump for the parts. Have a few pumps stored in a cool not too dry or wet climate.

Last one I rebuilt was the early hand primer pump. If I had any issue was so minor don't even remember. I used a newer used pump for the parts. Have a few pumps stored in a cool not too dry or wet climate.
Sounds good. I'll break into mine tonight. Fingers crossed. Thank you. And yes good idea to buy a couple more for parts

@Living in the Past how did you get around the difference in the diaphragm rod between the hand prime pump and that later style with the T on the end instead of the slot on the handprime version ? I have this kit that come with a 1963 45 but it's the later type
IMG_6856.JPG

@Living in the Past how did you get around the difference in the diaphragm rod between the hand prime pump and that later style with the T on the end instead of the slot on the handprime version ? I have this kit that come with a 1963 45 but it's the later type View attachment 1552299
i see what you meant now. im not sure what to do except maybe pull a pin and replace inside arm, idk. i got more info in another thead im about to look over again in the fj40-55 section

This is interesting don't remember having to do anything to the diaphragm. Following the link none of my used ones that have four valves. That may be the difference.

This is interesting don't remember having to do anything to the diaphragm. Following the link none of my used ones that have four valves. That may be the difference.
yup. newer models seem to have 4 check valves and stem of diaphragm has a different end to it. not to difficult to do though. im excited to get rid of my electric pump and get my mechanical one plumbed in. ty everyone for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom