Early 2L turbo manifold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

4Ruster

2LT Sufferer
SILVER Star
Threads
I have an N/A early 2L and am trying to find a turbo manifold. The only manifold I was able to find was for a later style and only one of the bolt holes lines up. I cannot find any manifolds for for the early style, and all the later style ones are running for over $500:bang:

I tried talking to a local cast fabricator and he said it would be cheaper to just buy the premade one then for him to cut the flange off my stock manifold and weld it to the newer one. ****ing bull****. Does anyone know where I can get an early style one?
IMG_6512.JPG

I had to re-drill mine.. My buddy Tony and I are in talks about making an early 2l manifold that suits a t25 for either TD04s or He211's.. I'm kinda itching to try the 211 so hopefully that happens soon!

I had to re-drill mine.. My buddy Tony and I are in talks about making an early 2l manifold that suits a t25 for either TD04s or He211's.. I'm kinda itching to try the 211 so hopefully that happens soon!

I've been eying up this one which is compatible with TD04/05, T25 and CT20. Not cheap...but what is these days really? I already have a TD04l-13T sitting on the shelf waiting to go on my engine.

Granted, this manifold is for the 1989+ 2LT-II and 2LTE only, so won't work for the OP here.

image0-scaled-1.jpeg

I've been eying up this one which is compatible with TD04/05, T25 and CT20. Not cheap...but what is these days really? I already have a TD04l-13T sitting on the shelf waiting to go on my engine.

Granted, this manifold is for the 1989+ 2LT-II and 2LTE only, so won't work for the OP here.

image0-scaled-1.jpeg
That looks like it will work on the 2l.. basically the difference is some heads have the port studs like //// and some are //\\

Hilux stuff by Ryan Miller, on Flickr

here is the manifold I got and how I modified it..

if you can get the flanges the rest is just welding some sch40 1 1/4" steampipe fittings together
you should be able to source flanges from your local laser cutter, you can usually walk in with gaskets and ask them to reverse engineer the flange or you can do that yourself if youre handy with cad
then you can mount any turbo, wherever you want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom