dui failure - long? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

toyman317 said:
Here is a question regarding the vacuum source for the DUI. Supposedly the DUI requires vacuum from a port on the side of the carb. Right now that is not a problem with the Holley that came with my 60. However I would like to go back to the stock carb and I don't see a vacuum port on the side of the carb. There are many other ports lower down at the base of the carb but not higher up like the Holley. Will the DUI work with my 84 Aisen carb with regard to the vacuum requirements?
Yes, use the vacuum advance port. It's called out in the FSM vac diagrams.

update--called maf-gave me the dui #. talked to larry. i want to say this is one good customer rep. first call, neww module--did not solve the prob.--next call, new coil; all this with no charge nada free! he did ask for old parts and paid the shipping.

it runs great now, but when i asked him what the prob was, he said he never heard of before? wtf? i am only the 10,000 customer--never a prob before?

maybe i amjust anal, but don't you'all want to know the answer, not just the cure?

jim

madoc1 said:
update--called maf-gave me the dui #. talked to larry. i want to say this is one good customer rep. first call, neww module--did not solve the prob.--next call, new coil; all this with no charge nada free! he did ask for old parts and paid the shipping.

it runs great now, but when i asked him what the prob was, he said he never heard of before? wtf? i am only the 10,000 customer--never a prob before?

maybe i amjust anal, but don't you'all want to know the answer, not just the cure?

jim

You had a bad coil. It happens. Roll on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom