Drawer System Extension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

does this system bolt into the floor in any way or is it just "laying" there? seems to be bolted in. any up close shots of that?

the main box is bolted to the floor. you can see the bolts (that haven't been tightened) in the last of the pics attached in the first post.

the portion in the 2nd row is not bolted to the floor, but is bolted to the main box.

Peepers,

As Doug said, the main box uses four bolts in the floor utilizing the bolt holes from the third row seats. I did the same thing with my extension box using the bolt holes from the second row seats. It's not going anywhere!

The build quality and material quality looks awesome!

After spending the last 3 days living out of my 80 out on the trail i would have liked to have that, but, i do question the added weight those bring. The 80 is already overweight, that would just add another few hundred pounds.

The build quality and material quality looks awesome!

After spending the last 3 days living out of my 80 out on the trail i would have liked to have that, but, i do question the added weight those bring. The 80 is already overweight, that would just add another few hundred pounds.

LOL! Actually the drawers themselves weigh less than the seats they are replacing. It's all the stuff in them that weighs so much, and you'd be packing up all that anyway.

I did the same in my 80 in '06 but will have to tear it down soon because of a new addition to the family (= two Britaxes behind). I screwed that box to the rear drawers and used a U-bolt to secure it through the floor. Your setup looks far better, but I used the space between the box and the door for a water tank and a fire extinguisher that come handy in traveling situations.:cheers:

attachment.php

LOL! Actually the drawers themselves weigh less than the seats they are replacing. It's all the stuff in them that weighs so much, and you'd be packing up all that anyway.

If that's the case then it's a no-brainer!

Peepers,

As Doug said, the main box uses four bolts in the floor utilizing the bolt holes from the third row seats. I did the same thing with my extension box using the bolt holes from the second row seats. It's not going anywhere!

any recollection as to what type/length bolt you used?

Beautiful woodworking, and a great design. My 2 cents is to suggest you don't rely on the rubber shock cords to secure the fridge - use NRS tie-down straps or a similar webbing system with a cam lock.

Brent,
Where do you put the golf clubs?
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom