Dozer gets her hair did (somewhat of a build thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
8/24/14 - Thread title renamed to be a little more descriptive.

What have I gone and done now?

:beer: Ramon

IMG_3179.jpg

Last edited:
Big Props to Meatball, Johnny, and Keefer for the help.

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

PS - The tub is a LOT heavier than anticipated. The original plan was removal with cage and top in place... pffffffft. Not a chance!

I think the motor goes above the rear axle, but I could be wrong. You're building a Porsche now, right?

Had fun today buddy, enjoy the concert :D

Pretty cool Ramon

What is the plan?

I can imagine it was heavy I had to chop the 80 body into 2 parts so I could beast it into the back of a truck solo.

good job guys

That's why God invented the chain hoist :)

It appears your following Jon's footsteps with a full blown frame off resto trail rig. Just don't scratch it when you are done

Pretty cool Ramon

What is the plan?

there were a few suspension issues that need correction (and I may have tweaked the frame) and the bottom of the tub is due some love. I'll be fixing the chassis stuff (frame clean up, suspension repairs, etc), then blasting the underside of the tub and applying lizardskin coating and paint. Hope to have it on the road by first of July.

:beer: R

Nice work guys! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands. I definitely owe ya some wrench time.

Nice work guys! Can't wait to see how it turns out. Let me know if you need an extra set of hands. I definitely owe ya some wrench time.

I might need a favor in the form of measurements from an unmolested 40 chassis. Thanks for the offer Allen.

Anytime bud!

Got a 72 fj40 frame here if you could use it. Already blasted / Rust Bullet covered.

Got a 72 fj40 frame here if you could use it. Already blasted / Rust Bullet covered.

Sure hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll keep that in mind! That would mean a lot of work w/ the shackle reversal, crossmember work, etc.

Please remember to fix the rear leaf spring mounts like i showed you over a year ago. Where your frame was cracked. Make up the stiffener stuff also for that site while you got it apart.

Ramon, holy crap! After all that work you'll never want to scratch Dozer on the trail much less beat her over some rocks. Are you getting old and mature and actually trying to add value to your toys rather than constantly break and beat the s*** out of them? Do I know you anymore? Do you really need those creepy crawlers? Because I'll be happy to take them off your hands! All joking aside, I'm looking forward to the final product. Just be damn sure you leave enough money lying around to make a trip out west to visit me and run some back country trails with me.

[QUOTE Hope to have it on the road by first of July.
[/QUOTE]

I think I said something similar to that back in 2008/2009. HA Best of luck to you and if you bust your balls every weekend I think you can get it done in time to enjoy the summer.

[QUOTE Hope to have it on the road by first of July.

I think I said something similar to that back in 2008/2009. HA Best of luck to you and if you bust your balls every weekend I think you can get it done in time to enjoy the summer.[/QUOTE]

I am righ there with you, have not touched my truggy since May 2012. Sometimes I wish I did not have the room to leave things sit and wait.

Have at it Ramon, I'll be interested to see what you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom