Downey Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello.... new here.
Does anybody happen to have a copy or pdf of the Downey off road engine swap manual for Toyota pickup.

have you tried @Downey ? Jim knows all!

What engine are you wanting info for? Would be helpfull to get the help you are looking for.

I run a 4.3TBI w/R150. Do not use NWOR stuff, sucks. Largest rad you can fit. Leave good clearance for the distributor (if it has one). $ander$on headers. Jags That Run speedo convertor. Everything is one-off regardless of how vendors say it will fit together. Be ready to be frustrated and learn loads. IF you planned on 'X' amount of $$ for project you planned too little

Bullfrog84, as soon as you send me your snail mail address I'll send a freebie Downey Off Road Mfg. Pickup V6/V8 Installation Instruction Manual- - -easy deal.

I run a 4.3TBI w/R150. Do not use NWOR stuff, sucks. Largest rad you can fit. Leave good clearance for the distributor (if it has one). $ander$on headers. Jags That Run speedo convertor. Everything is one-off regardless of how vendors say it will fit together. Be ready to be frustrated and learn loads. IF you planned on 'X' amount of $$ for project you planned too little
Im on the wiring harness rt now. Need to figure out where it ties into the toyota.

I purched the wire harness from Howell.

20200830_194047.jpg

I used an '82 2wd diesel rad, factory 3 row. Howell harness. Chopped up some Astro van tubular headers to make them fit for both sides. Remove the front solid axle torque rod and tower if it's still there. Put the GM computer in the PS kick panel, placed in the Toy location. Would be better up behind the glove box, requires glove box cutting.

I'll try to remember stuff and come back and post about it. It's been over 20 years since I did mine so be patient please.

I used an '82 2wd diesel rad, factory 3 row. Howell harness. Chopped up some Astro van tubular headers to make them fit for both sides. Remove the front solid axle torque rod and tower if it's still there. Put the GM computer in the PS kick panel, placed in the Toy location. Would be better up behind the glove box, requires glove box cutting.

I'll try to remember stuff and come back and post about it. It's been over 20 years since I did mine so be patient please.
Did u remove the toy computer?

Yes, Toyota computer will be no longer required as it runs the Toyota engine and emissions. Have you talked to a SMOG shop yet?

I have 86/85 toyota extra cab with 2003 chevy votec 4.3 4l60e its dual case , Howel wireing loom they also reflashed the computer to remove the security crap, custom radiator found on Jegs. I think. and adapters from AA. by the time I was done I could have searched and found a 22re turbo which would give close to the same power. I would never do this conversion again , pain it the ass to smog. Yes its 50 state legal with that little bar label.When you smog they treat it like an 86 truck but to the 2003 standards.Yes your not it a area where you have to smog for now.Last I heard they were going make every smog eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom