Double din Radio brackets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was curious if anyone had a set they could take a couple of pictures of for me so I could try to match them to something domestic in case my for sale ad doesn't produce any? I would really hate to have to make them, I already have too many projects. TIA

we'll have to get together one of these days since we are so close. With any luck I will be near there today picking up some leaf u bolts for my 97 taco
Thank you Bob for asking, and thank you Chris for the part numbers. I had always assumed that I was going to have to make one.

If you have a single din with the little cubby, you can unscrew the cubby and it fits a double din radio

Oh isn't this nice. A thread dedicated to exactly what I called you about, Bob!

@AndrewHadji ....as in you can remove the stock radio and then just remove the divider between there and the cubby? Would you guys recommend doing it this way or ordering the replacement trim to fit the double din set up into?

Just trying to get this sorted before my troopy gets here because a back up camera is the first thing I want to install (after the wheels and tires of course!). My tdi has spoiled me, I doubt I could park in the city without the backup cam now.

The first part is free :) id use the bracket that holds the single din radio and the cubby, remove both, double din should fit, or you can measure to be sure :)

Last edited:
I bought the new dash piece because mine was cracked. It was cheap and I needed it
Oh isn't this nice. A thread dedicated to exactly what I called you about, Bob!

@AndrewHadji ....as in you can remove the stock radio and then just remove the divider between there and the cubby? Would you guys recommend doing it this way or ordering the replacement trim to fit the double din set up into?

Just trying to get this sorted before my troopy gets here because a back up camera is the first thing I want to install (after the wheels and tires of course!). My tdi has spoiled me, I doubt I could park in the city without the backup cam now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom