Door rust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just ordered some replacement patches for the bottom of my passenger door and the bottom of my rear ambulance doors, and I was thinking about pouring Eastwood’s rust encapsulater down in the panels once I got them welded up. Pour it in and slowly rotate the door around as to coat everything down in there. I have repaired a small bit off rust on the upper side panels as well and was thinking of doing the same to them. I first thought of doing it with POR15, but a buddy of mine said not to because where it can leak out on the bottom of the doors and any of the seams on the side panels. Do you think the Eastwood’s product will work or does anyone have any better ideas?

0F587694-4A24-44CD-BF85-8A1215609DDB.jpeg

1FE6F487-F802-4923-BC72-22805B48D9BA.jpeg

Yep, you can get a gallon of food grade on amazon, then mix with 5 gallons distilled water in a baby pool and dunk them. It will kill all the rust.

I need to do this on my hard top in the rear curved corner that bolts to the bed. Is there a good company that sells the patches?

I have not seen any of the bolt rail for hardtops as repair pieces. I have also been looking for one of my hard tops. Kind of gave up and picked up a couple of pairs of used sides.

I used eastwoods frame rail paint in a can that has the extended hose that I coated every door inside, window frame inside with after sandblasting.

In addition to what everyone else is suggesting, you can follow up with SEM 39573 rust preventer cavity wax. I'd make sure whatever else is dry/cured first.

I once used POR15 to coat the inside of a metal sunroof panel that tends to rust from inside out. So far so good but can’t see inside LOL. I thinned it with their brand/recommended thinner so I could ensure it flowed everywhere. I would mention that you should remove/wipe wherever it leaks out from ASAP as that s*** is as hard as a rock once dry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom