door panel removal advice needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The passenger door lock on my 200 isn't working and I need to get in there to check it out. Any advice on removing the door card so I don't ruin it?

Thanks,
Carl

I haven't done it on the LC but I recently replaced two actuators on my wife's GX470. Get some trim removal tools and you will need a torx bit. I watched a video on YouTube but they are mostly the same. The GX procedure was similar to my Lexus GS430 in the past. You can by the Aisin actuators on Amazon for a little over $100 or buy the small motors for $10 but you have to crack open the old actuators. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to replace. I can do it in under 30 minutes now after doing one.

Thank you.

Do you have the actuator part number?

I haven't done it on the LC but I recently replaced two actuators on my wife's GX470. Get some trim removal tools and you will need a torx bit. I watched a video on YouTube but they are mostly the same. The GX procedure was similar to my Lexus GS430 in the past. You can by the Aisin actuators on Amazon for a little over $100 or buy the small motors for $10 but you have to crack open the old actuators. It shouldn't take you more than an hour to replace. I can do it in under 30 minutes now after doing one.

Thank you.

Do you have the actuator part number?
$122 Aisin DLT-008 Door Lock Actuator
For the front right which is front passenger.
This says fits 2008 but probably need to put your year in the My Vehicle on Amazon to check fitment since I don't know if the part changed on the later years.

You guys are the best. Thank you!

giphy.gif

Done and done! You guys saved me a lot of money and headache, next time you're in NYC beer's on me!

~ Carl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom