Don't Lose Hope !!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How thick is the sound deadening material? Have you noticed any heat insulation properties associated with the install of this stuff?

:beer:

it is pretty thin maybe 3-4mm thick. I am in Texas it is 79 today with a low of 48 at night it will take another couple weeks for any insulation properties to come into play. But I was also wondering how it will work next summer in the heat, I can only hope, hey it can't be any worse.

True. I'd like to see it up here in the winters of NY. That would be interesting.

I like your writeup. Keep us posted.

:beer:

Just a quick update. I had the opportunity to take a little road trip today in some very windy conditions, 25-35mph, on 2 lane country roads that were not the best of conditions. I averaged about 65mph and was able to notice a pretty big difference in lowered interrior sound after all the sound dampening, The radio could be played at a normal level, you could hold a conversation. It was really a nice suprise. I will post some pics this weekend of the rear bay area, I think I might add another layer under the front seats I will take pics and post those also.

I had one small issue when I backed off the throttle there was a pretty noticable vibration, It was not rattling your teeth or anything but you could feel it through the shifter once I applied throttle again it would go away. But everytime I backed off at any speed over 55 it does it. any ideas? Trans,u-joints?

thanx
yetiman

FWIW eDead told us that you should NOT put their stuff under the hood. don't know the specifics but something about it unsticking in high heat.

I am going to put eDead v3 (the "liquid" version) in the interior of the 60 and then we are getting some spray on ceramic stuff from RB's Auto for under the hood. they said their stuff could be put on the engine for all they care.

I will find the link and post it.

Nice! I wil be buzzing by the shop some time to check that out. I have not done anything outside the cab yet. So are you spraying the hood & firewall area?

yetiman

Is it me or is everyone else not see any pics?

hey guys I probably wont work on the truck this weekend. Had a wee bit of a mountain bike crash today and wont be able to work on Charlie this weekend, I'm a little sore and busted up. I will get to it and get some pics posted as soon as I can.

yetiman

Looking good :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom