DIY ? for Roof rack - rain channel mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gamiviti - roof racks and cup holders

take a look at this guy;
fellow mudder, fellow cruiser guy, (fellow Rising Sun member)

good stuff

Just in case anyone is wondering, Nakman (Gamiviti) and Groucho (TallowPot) aren't the same person but the brackets are the same :). Just two awesome dudes fabricating stuff and partnering up on the selling side of things...

I have a set of Groucho's mounts and bars (which I'm thinking you would need as well) and they are the bomb :D - Well worth the $$ and super beefy

Here is a pretty simple design. It's based on one i found searching. Drilled for 5/16 hardware. I fabbed one just to see
if it would work, and it does.
rack mount 002.jpg
rack mount 003.JPG
rack mount 001.JPG

jjfj80,

Nice work!! With a main bracket of that design made out of 3/16" set for the correct height (no adjusting hardware) they would be very stout.

Here is a pretty simple design. It's based on one i found searching. Drilled for 5/16 hardware. I fabbed one just to see
if it would work, and it does.

Looks good but, personally, I'd make them wider. Alot of force gets put on these and a larger footprint could prevent damage of the rain gutter.....just my 2 cents.....

Oh, and get some larger washers to go under those nuts....looks like they could slip through the holes if put to the test....

I was kinda limited to scrap laying around the shop I used to work in. Just threw some 1/4" nuts & bolts on it to hold it
together for a pic. I used a shear AND a vise for the lower
clamp bend (you can see the dimples from the vise in the
second pic). Looking back, I should have gone ahead and made
6 of them. The company closed it's doors a year ago. I got no welding skills. Worked with a guy who is very good at TIG.
"J" portion of clamp was slotted on an end mill for the bolt.

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom