DIY beadlock kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threads
This is the same kit i'm running on my rig now. We make them out of 1/4" steel, cnc laser cut, 32 bolt design. The inner and outer rings are the exact same size so the weld is on the outer edge of the rim. That way the tire doesn't have to seal against the weld and there is no cutting of your wheel required. I'm having another set made for my new wheels and will be making extras to sell.
For 15" wheels
200.00 (8 rings, enough to build 4 beadlocks)
or
250.00 (10 rings, enough to build 5 beadlocks)
Hardware can be bought from me for 10.00 per wheel (hex head bolts and nylock nuts) or you can source your own hardware. I personally prefer the button head allen key bolts but those are a little more. plus you have to paint or clear coat them because they will rust over time where as the zinc coated hex heads won't.
iroks.jpg

Jeep038-1.jpg

Could you possibly post photos, detailed instructions and/or maybe a link, to instructions on how to install the beadlocks? Also, would they work on rims like these?

87-FJ60-Rim4.jpg

If you do an internet search for "installing diy beadlocks" i'm sure there are plenty of writeups on the subject. Pretty much all you do is: clean the paint off of the lip of your wheels, center the first ring on the lip of the wheel, tack in a star pattern all the way around the wheel, weld short sections at a time (i usually do about 3-4" beads the rotate to the opposite side to keep anything from warping up. once its all welded up, paint it, paint the outer rings, push the tire bead over the face of the wheel, bolt up the outer ring in a star pattern until you get about 10ft.lbs. all the way around, then wheel the crap out of them!

and yes, as long as those are 15" rims, they will work.

:cool::cool:
This is the same kit i'm running on my rig now. We make them out of 1/4" steel, cnc laser cut, 32 bolt design. The inner and outer rings are the exact same size so the weld is on the outer edge of the rim. That way the tire doesn't have to seal against the weld and there is no cutting of your wheel required. I'm having another set made for my new wheels and will be making extras to sell.
For 15" wheels
200.00 (8 rings, enough to build 4 beadlocks)
or
250.00 (10 rings, enough to build 5 beadlocks)
Hardware can be bought from me for 10.00 per wheel (hex head bolts and nylock nuts) or you can source your own hardware. I personally prefer the button head allen key bolts but those are a little more. plus you have to paint or clear coat them because they will rust over time where as the zinc coated hex heads won't.
iroks.jpg

Jeep038-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom