Disk Brake Banjo Bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have been running the Monte Carlo Calipers for about 4 years now. I have been running the regular Monte Carlo soft line with a modified hard line on both sides. I noticed that I have a small leak on one side and so I purchased the Raybestos BH38149 line and I will be going back to metric/metric hard line. When I looked at the banjo fitting on the new hose it has a different thickness than the bnjo fitting on the soft line I have been running. So the hole in the retaining bolt that I have does not line up with the hole in the new banjo fitting. Does anyone have the part number for a longer bolt?

Thanks in advance.

There are different thickness banjo fittings as well. I would make sure you have the right one. I don't think they are interchangable.

Hi All:

Take that Raybestos hose into the auto parts store. Get a "banjo" bolt that will fit that is about 28mm long (about 1 & 1/4 inch)

HTH.

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

speaking of banjo bolts anyone know what is stock for a 69 production year FJ40?

if you do, where can you find them? I can't find anyone in the local area that can hook me up so I have leaky cylinders in the rear as it is. I have replacements for the cylinders but the PO did not put stock sized cylinders in it...

somedays you just want to pimpslap the hell outta the POs

Best bet would be to post something up in the wanted section, as there are always people ditching the old stuff for disc set ups..

Good luck!

-Steve

Just ran into the same problem. I am running the bendix soft lines in the rear and the banjo bolt is not long enough for the banjo fitting. the bolt is a 11mm and it is 1.25 inchs long counting the head. Did anyone ever find the part number for the longer bolt?

I ordered all my RDB parts from NAPA except banjo bolts I went to GM. GM bolts were to short so I went back to NAPA and they found longer ones for me and copper washers to fit them. I belive the #'S are Bolt;82700 $2.31ea, Washer; 5795 $0.47ea. Hope this helps, I do not remeber how long the bolts measured overall.

Mike

thank you very much will check on it tomorrow...

4 parts stores had no banjo bolts and the PN for the napa bolt is wrong.....Im running out of options. If the last place does not have it im going to get the MC brake hoses and get a flaring tool and put a SAE brake line fitting on one end...

lowtideride said:
4 parts stores had no banjo bolts and the PN for the napa bolt is wrong.....Im running out of options. If the last place does not have it im going to get the MC brake hoses and get a flaring tool and put a SAE brake line fitting on one end...

Have you read through THIS THREAD?....info you want should be towards the bottom...

:beer:

yulp all places said that they part number for the bolt did not come up. I bought a flare tool and the MC brake lines...im sick of driving all over the world for 2 bolts..

" Calip bolt from Cheby, 2 PN 88891786, $3.58 each "

Did you call a Chev dealer with that PN?

he means banjo bolt for the calipers right?

when he says "Calip bolt from Cheby, 2 PN 88891786, $3.58 each"

just doing some research before i do da build

ps poser - i'll be filling that order pretty soon, thanks!

Yes.

:beer:

Yulp the next time they would have it would be by thursday I need my truck back on the road tonight. thanks for the help though.

I used the chevy part number the others used and asked for the bolts for the 78 monte caliper and got the same thing, both look too short. Used them anyway, just did not get too rough tightening them. A quarter inch longer would be great. If anyone comes up with a part # or source for a longer one, I sure would love to switch mine out. The size that would be ideal is 10mmX1.5 by say 1.25in or 35mm.

Great link Plowboy!

:beer: :beer:

ok, I went to several parts locations and it seems that the computers are mostly wrong on what part they give you. I found a napa store that actually went to the BOOK to look up the part number, and they gave me part #82703 which looks to work just fine with the Raybestos BH38149 line. Their book gave a different part number for 78 and below and for 79-81, and for 82 and up. The longer one is for the 79-81 model years....go figure that one :) The "other" parts places kept giving me a shorter banjo fitting and didn't show differences in the years like that. I hope this helps someone out in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom