Disc Brake Knuckles?

Discussion in 'OR- Cascade Cruisers' started by C6H12O6, Oct 24, 2018.

1. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I'm looking for the disc brake parts for a conversion on my 40. Somebody in the club had a 60 front axle. I think it was Chad's, but somebody else was buying it, and it was being stored in the dirt at somebody's house. Sound familiar?

I think I need:
    • Knuckles
    • Outer axles
    • Calipers
    • Rotors
    • Steering arm
    • Maybe some steering pieces to be able to run the larger tie rod ends
    Anybody know where that 60 axle ended up? Anybody have something similar laying around that they want to part with for a good guy price? Pretty much the whole brake system is shot on my 40. I don't really want to keep pumping money into the old drum system.

PM me here or email me at stevenlent@mac.com.

Steve

2. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers SILVER Star

Hey Steve!

Kyle ended up buying the 60 axles from me and it looks like I'm going to be buying them back from him. LOL! However, my 40 has all of that as well, so I'm going to end up with two sets. I'm sure that we can work something out. I will shoot you a PM.

~Chad

3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Sweet. I may be ready to move on that sooner than later. I'm replacing the rear wheel cylinders, but don't want to throw any money I don't have to at the fronts. Might just make more sense to do the swap now if I can't clean the front wheel cylinders up a little.

Engine fired right up and sounds ok. Wicked exhaust leaks from the crappy headers, but I have a good set of old Downey headers to go on. Just need to get a new gasket. And a new muffler. And some new pipe bent up to put it all together. And... $$$.

4. CreeperSleeper

CreeperSleeper Cascade Cruisers SILVER Star

Glad to hear that you got it running! As for the brake stuff, we will just need to set a time for you to come over and pull it off my 40. At that time you can let me know what the parts are worth to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.