Did something happen to email alerts? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.tralaz.org
I used to get alerts for watched forums, posts, PM's, etc. but recently that has not been happening. I looked at my preferences and noticed that there are only options for notifications by alerts or push, no option for emails. Is this a new policy, or some kind of mix-up?

I haven't changed anything on my end, might be an oddity with a recent update. Will dive into it.

I haven't changed anything on my end, might be an oddity with a recent update. Will dive into it.
I just realized I wasn't clear- it is notifications via email that are not working for me. I still get the notification when I visit the forum. Looks like there are other issues with emails, maybe it's all related.

I just realized I wasn't clear- it is notifications via email that are not working for me. I still get the notification when I visit the forum. Looks like there are other issues with emails, maybe it's all related.
likely an issue with your email provider, there are a few that are notoriously problematic.

gmail is what I use, but they have become picky with a few mailserver settings, and seem to keep getting pickier.

likely an issue with your email provider, there are a few that are notoriously problematic.

gmail is what I use, but they have become picky with a few mailserver settings, and seem to keep getting pickier.
Whatever it was, it's working now. I also use Gmail, but my mail is forwarded to it from Cox. It's worked fine for years, although I realize glitches happen and the problem may well have been something after the email was sent from here. I would have expected to get a flood of old email alerts though, if that was the issue. Doesn't matter now. Thanks for the replies, and for 'Mud.

Whatever it was, it's working now. I also use Gmail, but my mail is forwarded to it from Cox. It's worked fine for years, although I realize glitches happen and the problem may well have been something after the email was sent from here. I would have expected to get a flood of old email alerts though, if that was the issue. Doesn't matter now. Thanks for the replies, and for 'Mud.
Good to know it's fixed...turns out, the loose nut behind the server wheel flipped a switch late Friday and it caused the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom